The categories and eligibility requirements are detailed below:
Please note: All nominees must reside in Washington County or engage in volunteer work in a community of Washington County.
This award recognizes a single volunteer for his or her commitment to volunteerism. Eligible volunteers:
• Demonstrate dedication, enthusiasm and exceptional volunteer service with at least two organizations during a time span of 10 or more years.
• Have a depth of volunteerism that has made a positive impact in the community.
• Are 30 years of age or older.
Outstanding Volunteer Award
This award recognizes a single volunteer for commendable service that meets the needs of the community. Eligible volunteers:
• Demonstrate strong volunteer service in at least one organization during a span of 1 or more years.
• Show dedication and innovation through volunteerism.
• Are 19 years of age or older.
Youth Volunteer Award
This award recognizes young people for volunteer service that strengthens the community. Eligible volunteers:
• Demonstrate strong volunteer service in at least one organization, event or special project which serves the needs of the community.
• Demonstrate initiative, commitment and enthusiasm to volunteerism.
• Are 18 years of age or younger.
Group/Family Volunteer Award
This award recognizes a group or family of volunteers for outstanding volunteer service that benefits the community. Eligible volunteer groups:
• Demonstrate initiative, commitment and enthusiasm as a team.
• Engage in volunteer service as a group or family on a consistent basis.
Exemplary Employer Award
This award recognizes an employer for encouraging its employees to make an impact through volunteer service in the community. Eligible employers:
• Demonstrate organizational commitment and enthusiasm to volunteerism.
• Engage in volunteer service on a consistent basis, no less than once a year.
• Have a location or do business in Washington County.
This award honors the life of a Washington County volunteer who has passed away and left an identifiable legacy in the community. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
• Be deceased within the prior 3 years of the award.
• Provided service that made a significant contribution to the quality of life in the community.